Have you been considering getting a dermal filler? There are so many benefits to dermal fillers: they are safe and effective, and the procedure to get a filler takes hardly any time at all. But there are some things you should know about fillers before your appointment!
Dermal Fillers: Don’t’s
You will be given specific instructions to follow for before, during, and after your filler injections, of course – but here are some basics to keep in mind:
- Don’t use hair removal products. You should avoid waxing, tweezing, bleaching, and using hair removal products on the treatment site for at least 2 days before your filler appointment.
- Don’t take over-the-counter pain relievers. You should stop taking any drugs that can thin the blood at least a week before your injections. These include ibuprofen and aspirin, which can increase the risk of bleeding and bruising. You should also let your doctor know what prescription drugs you are taking and what, if any, herbal supplements you are taking.
- Don’t consider fillers if you are pregnant. You shouldn’t get fillers if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or if you have a history of allergies or facial cold sores. Your doctor will discuss your overall health with you to make sure you care a good candidate for fillers.
Dermal Fillers: Do’s
There are also some things you should definitely do:
- Do have realistic expectations. As with any cosmetic procedure, you should be realistic about what the outcome might be.
- Do know what you want. Different fillers may be used depending on what results you would like to see. Some fillers can add volume and others can help to smooth out wrinkles. Think carefully about what you want to get out of your fillers so that your doctor can help you choose the right kind.
- Do follow instructions. Make sure you do what your doctor tells you to do to prepare for your fillers and for your recovery period, so that you don’t have any problems and so that your fillers can be at their most effective.
Another “do” when it comes to dermal fillers is this: Do make an appointment with Mao Facial Plastic Surgery in Orange, Connecticut, to discuss fillers! Call (203) 907-0501 for an appointment today!