Do you have a skincare routine? Or maybe you have one, but it’s not really a “routine” – all it really amounts to is washing your face twice a day and nothing more. You might not think it’s really that important, but taking care of your skin with a great skincare routine only takes a few minutes a day, and it can make a big difference, especially as we age. Are you doing all you can to keep your skin beautiful?
What does a skincare routine involve?
Beautiful skin can make all the difference, because it can help you to look and feel your best. Some tips for taking care of your skin are:
1. Take care of your skin from the inside out. Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet!
2. Don’t stay out in the sun for too long, but when you do go outside, use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
3. Be sure to see your doctor if you notice a mole or other lesion on your skin that just doesn’t look right.
4. A skincare routine that works for you starts with determining what kind of skin you have so that you can find the products that are right for you. Is your skin oily, normal, dry, or a combination of these?
5. Once you find a product you like, make sure you clean your skin morning and night to remove oil, dirt, and makeup, which you don’t want accumulating in your pores!
6. Use a toner after you clean your skin to remove any debris your face wash might have missed.
7. Always use a moisturizer to help your skin retain moisture, which is important for healthy skin. You may think you shouldn’t use moisturizer if you have oily skin, but that’s not true!
Having a skincare routine that is right for your skin type can make a big difference! However, even the healthiest of skin can use a boost sometimes. If you have skin irregularities, or if your skin just needs a bit of refreshing, contact Mao Facial Plastic Surgery in Orange, Connecticut. Call (203) 907-0501 today!