Have you always wished your nose were different? Maybe it has a bump on it that’s always bothered you, or maybe you just never really liked the shape of it. Maybe you want to change your nose, but you aren’t looking forward to having surgery to do it. But it is possible to change your nose without surgery, with liquid rhinoplasty!
How does liquid rhinoplasty work?
“Rhinoplasty” is the medical term for what is commonly known as a “nose job.” In liquid rhinoplasty, injectable fillers are used to reshape the nose. The fillers most commonly used have hyaluronic acid or calcium hydroxyapatite in them. Here are some other things you should know about liquid rhinoplasty:
1. It can be performed in Dr. Mao’s office.
2. It only takes a few minutes and requires no downtime afterwards – many people have it done on their lunch hour and then return back to work.
3. It is minimally invasive and only involves injections of filler.
4. The results of liquid rhinoplasty aren’t permanent, but they can last over 2 years, depending on how many injections you get.
5. Liquid rhinoplasty is very safe and there are very few possible side effects. You may have mild swelling and redness, but this will go away within about 3 days.
6. It isn’t meant for major changes to the nose but can help address minor issues you have (your doctor can help you to decide what kind of rhinoplasty to have). It can help to smooth out bumps on the nose, make the tip of the nose more prominent, or make the bridge of the nose and the tip more symmetrical, for example. It is important to have realistic expectations about what liquid rhinoplasty can do.
Getting your ideal nose may be easier than you think – it may not be necessary to undergo a surgical procedure. Liquid rhinoplasty has many benefits over surgical rhinoplasty: there’s no downtime, it is less expensive, and it is certainly less hassle. If you are interested in liquid rhinoplasty, contact Mao Facial Plastic Surgery in Orange, Connecticut, for a consultation. Call (203) 907-0501 today!