The brow – the area of the face above your eyebrows – can really show your age. You may notice lines from years of wrinkling up your brow as you think or when you’re worried. You may notice that your brow has started to sag as you have gotten older, which can make your eyes look droopy, too. Are you trying to decide if you should get a brow lift?
What does a brow lift do?
A brow lift is done to move skin and tissue, to reposition it so that the tissue around the eyes is lifted, making the eyes look younger and more alert. Lines and wrinkles on the forehead are reduced. Here are some other things you should know about brow lifts:
• You don’t have to worry about scarring. Incisions for a brow lift can be hidden underneath the hair line. Also, Dr. Mao uses short incisions, which helps to reduce scarring and also means a shorter recovery time.
• You don’t have to stay overnight after the procedure. Although some patients may have to stay at the hospital, most patients can go home the same day. Some brow lifts aren’t even performed at the hospital and can be done in your doctor’s office.
• You will need a few days to recover. You should avoid strenuous activity for a few days after the procedure, and most patients can go back to work in about a week.
• Your face will look swollen. This will be at its worst for the first couple of days after the surgery but should go away within a couple of weeks.
• You will need help after the procedure. You will need anesthesia for the procedure, which means you shouldn’t drive yourself home afterwards. You may want to ask a friend or a family member to stay with you and help you out at home for a day or so as well.
You may be surprised what a brow lift can do for you – it can take years off of your face and make you look younger and more refreshed. If you are considering a brow lift, contact Mao Facial Plastic Surgery in Orange, Connecticut, for a consultation. Call (203) 907-0501 today!