Are you tired of those wrinkles and fine lines? Have you tried all the at-home creams and serums only to find they don’t work at all? If you want to do something about wrinkles but you aren’t ready for a face lift or other surgical procedure, Botox might be the answer. Botox has been in use for decades, but you still might not know much about it. Here are 7+ things you should know about Botox!
- Botox is actually made from a toxin – the botulinum toxin. When it is used correctly it is very safe, though. It works by blocking the signals between the nerves and the muscles, which keeps muscles from contracting and relaxes wrinkles.
- Botox has purposes besides cosmetic – it is used for medical purposes such as bladder issues, strabismus (eyes that point in different directions), and even chronic migraines.
- Other procedures, such as a dermal filler or a thread lift, can be performed along with Botox to get the results you want.
- It can take as long as 2 weeks before you really see the effects of Botox, although you’ll start to notice a difference within a few days. The effects can last as long as 6 months, and you can get more Botox when they wear off.
- The procedure to get Botox only takes a few minutes. Although you should wait for a few hours before taking part in anything strenuous (such as going to the gym), you should be able to go back to your regular activities as soon as the procedure is done.
- Botox is painless, according to patients, and the injections only feel like a little pinch to the skin.
- You may be a bit bruised after your Botox injections, but this is completely normal and should fade within a few days.
There is one more thing you should know about Botox – patients love it and keep coming back for more. For younger, smoother skin, contact Dr. Johnny Mao and Mao Facial Plastic Surgery for a Botox appointment. Call the office in Orange, Connecticut, at (203) 907-0501 today!